We asked our Artist of the Month Hideya Moto to create a new step-by-step tutorial for you all and he did not disappoint! He has put together this great tutorial which uses two different artistic mediums, calligraphy and watercolour blending.
Follow his steps below and create your very own masterpiece! Choose your own colours of and you can use this technique for creating any wording to your card. We went with 'Congratulations' because this is perfect for any occasion, whether its a birthday, an anniversary or any other celebration!
So, what are you waiting for? Get your pens ready and lets go!
Step 1 - Colour Your Card
- To colour the top and the bottom of the card with Manuscript Aquabrush Markers at random
- Blend the colour with a paint brush dipped in water to create the watercolour effect
- Dry and blur with tissue
Step 2 - Write Congratulations
- Draw your word with a pencil
- To dip your nib into the bottle of ink. Alternatively you can apply ink to your nib with a brush.
- Write “Congratulations” or your work of choice. We have chosen a copperplate style
- Add flourishes on the “t”s and the bottom.(As you like!)
Step 3 - Erase your pencil outline
- Use a rubber to erase your pencil outline after the ink has dried
And as simple as that, you are done!
Be sure to try out this tutorial and tag us in your post. Use #manuscriptpencompany and #manuscriptpens so we can share your posts.